Contact Us – Become A Member
Chris Gellert, PT, MMusc & Sportsphysio, MPT, CSCS founded PTCS in 2003 with a passionate vision. His vision was to create and provide evidenced based educational material in the form of home study courses, dynamic live seminars, webinars and electronic media that educates personal trainers on key areas that other courses are missing. Those being, understanding the functional anatomy & biomechanics behind daily and sport movements, how the body works from the inside out syngerstically, how common movement dysfunctions(orthopedic/neurouscular/CP-CV/special populations) develop, periodization training and much more! In essence, teaching the science behind the movement.
• To provide evidenced based, scientific with practical application material to personal trainers.
• To offer courses and digital material that are affordable
• To deliver member benefits that enhance outreach and career development
• To facilitate and encourage enhanced learning whereby fostering improved knowledge and proficiency
Chris is uniquely an experienced licensed physical therapist with 13 years experience, a certified strength & conditioning specialist(C.S.C.S.) through the National Strength & Conditioning Association(NSCA)and a personal trainer with 17 years experience.
Chris has extensive clinical experience having worked with primarily orthopedic patients, various spinal injuries, post-surgical conditions, traumatic and sport specific injuries. He also has a vast amount of experience with geriatric, neurologic and deconditoned patients while having worked in industrial rehabilitation, private practice, and outpatient settings.
• Master’s of Musculoskeletal & Sports Physiotherapy from University of South Australia (Advanced Master’s Degree equivalent to U.S. Residency)
• Master’s Degree of Physical Therapy from Nova Southeastern University
• Bachelor’s Degree In Marketing from State University of New York College at Plattsburgh
• National Fitness Presenter at ECA, Club Industry, IDEA, NSCA’s
National Conferences and TSI Summit
• Continuing Education Provider for ACE, AFLCA, AFAA, CanfitPRO, CPTN,
Fitness Australia, Kinect Australia, NASM, NCCPT, NSCA, NCSF, NFPT
• Previously on the Editorial Advisory Board for Today in PT magazine
• Sole creator of “Synergy of Human Movement” course, a continuing educational course for personal trainers. He continues to teach live seminars to personal trainers on human movement. A national and
international presenter at fitness conferences since 2003.
• He has written and continues to write various articles on health and fitness via the internet
for Canadian newsletters, National Federation of Personal Trainers(NFPT), Personal trainer today.com,
• He has also written for IDEA Fitness Journal, Men’s Fitness, Personal
Fitness Professional, Physical Therapy Advance magazine,
PTonthenet.com and other health publications.
• CEAS (Certified Ergonomics Assessment Specialist) through Back School
of Atlanta (2003)
• C.S.C.S.(Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist) by N.S.C.A(2002)
• S.C.E.(Strength and Conditioning Expert) through Tudor Bompa, Phd (2002)
• P.P.S.(Periodization Planning Specialist) through Tudor Bompa, Phd (2001) one of the world’s foremost experts in Periodization Training & Sport Conditioning.
• Personal Trainer
One unique quality is that he is both a practicing physical therapist and personal trainer.
He utilizes a strong clinical and functional approach with each client he trains. He has trained clients from age 12 through 75 years of age in NY, Florida, Illinois, California, Maryland and Massachusetts. His expertise is in pre/post rehabilitation, core strengthening, sports specific training, and high risk population training.
He is presently pursuing to become a Certified Orthopedic Specialist(O.C.S.) and Certified Manual Therapist(C.O.M.T.)
Clinical Specialist in Orthopaedic Physical Therapy (OCS)
The OCS certification was established by the American Physical Therapy Association, to provide formal recognition for physical therapists who possess advanced clinical knowledge, experience, and skills in orthopedic physical therapy. Achieving orthopedic specialization recognizes that an individual is truly a certified clinical specialist in orthopedics.
Less than 2% of physical therapists nationwide have earned this distinction, which recognizes superior skills and knowledge relating to orthopedic physical therapy.
All OCS therapists must have at least 5 years of orthopedic practice experience, as well as research and teaching experience. In addition, they must demonstrate thorough knowledge of biomechanics, injuries, and orthopedic evaluation and treatment techniques through a rigorous written examination. This certification is maintained with re-examination every 10 years.